Summer is coming to an end but that does not mean the end to lovely days. I love the change of seasons and though we are a more than a few weeks away from fall crispness, I look forward to it.
Our family vacation was everything I had hoped for and more. Loads of laughs, loads of sun and fun, horseback riding, wave jumping, bogey boarding, loads of good food. So much so we are already booking for the same time next year. Made great memories for everyone, especially the little ones.
We got our bad luck out of the way on the ride down. My son had a dead battery. It would not even take a jump. Dead dead dead. AAA to the rescue. New battery ordered online and waiting for him at AutoZone in Nags Head and all was well. So funny that we all left at different times and somehow three carfulls were at the Royal Farms just north of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel at the same time.

Stitching, was not so good. I took Tra la la project to finish it up. Amazing how on the deck in the sunlight the fact that I used two different whites popped right off the linen. All the cream was frogged and of course I did not have the bright white with me. That was ok because I put the project away/in time out.
Fun at the shopping area
Beautiful sunrises
Awesome rental house
Great table for family meals
Quick thunderstorm and rainbow
Drove up past Corolla which means you drive on the beach. Saw the wild horses.

Someone was very excited with a surprise stop for ice cream.
I ventured to Kitty Hawk to the Wright Brothers Memorial. Imagine my surprise finding a Singer treadle machine as part of the exhibit. Right? It
is the sewing machine of Mrs. Addie Tate. Wilbur used her machine to sew the fabric for the wings. Mrs. Tate used the extra fabric to make dresses for her daughters.
One of the hangars where Orville and Wilbur worked.
Actual tools from the Wright Brothers Bicycle Shop that they used to work on their plane.
The designers of the monumental were from New York. They were one of 37 companies that submitted drawings. Roasted & Poor were awarded the contract in 1930 with a bid of $10,000. Rodgers & Poor decided on a geometric Art-Deco style. Before construction could begin, the sands of Kill Devil Hills had to be stabilized. Locals planted sea grass on the sand hill to stabilize the soil. The granite tower is 61 feet tall and was dedicated in November 1932. Approximately 1,000 people attending the decimation including Orville Wright.
Panoramic view from the top. It was a climb but so worth the view.
In 1930, a boulder and plaqque make the take off point of the famed flights.
Squeals of delight as my grand daughter mastered the bogey board.

Animal print face masks cooled sunburnt faces.
Rich and William catch a sunrise.
Before we left, we took our annual first day of school picture which took some convincing. I explained I doubted that would be any difference in their sizes in two days time.
How else do you clean the brownie batter from the bowl?
Summertime stitching is so limited for me but that is AOK with me. I’ve got a few days with some stitching friends coming up, perhaps I will get some stitching done there…..one can hope. But oh no! There is talk of us all starting a new sampler project! Yikes. I will be strong. I have other plans I hope I can stick to.
Thanks for stopping by to visit me and read about my adventures. Keep on keeping on, …… and make someone’s day…..ask the cashier at the store how they are and tell them to have a great day and watch their frown turn to a smile because……kindness matters. We are all together on this big blue marble…….
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.