Tomorrow we leave for a family vacation in the Outer Banks. This year we rented something farther north in Duck, NC and hope we are not in the evacuation zone should a storm come up the coast. Everyone is coming with various boyfriends and girlfriends. Each couple responsible for a dinner one night. No need to have me and my son tied the kitchen! Hope to get in some kayaking and definitely some hot tub time. It is doubtful there will be little if any stitching accomplished. One can be delusional and hope that early morning coffee alone time on the deck and stitching can happen.
I have some stitching updaters to share. My French Alphabet repair. After I stitched the motif in the area, I backed it with light weight interfacing just to give it an extra fortification! I really owe my friend Pat for helping me with this. I can’t even remember where the two threads for broken.
Best laid plans to finish the Tra La La winter scene in August have gone out the window. I did put in some stitching but travel and babysitting ate into stitching time. It is in the suitcase to go with me.
I did fully finish the Vintage Rocking Horse from HOD’s June Patreon. Not the way Cathy did it but I am AOK with that. I attempted the suggested finish but struggled with it being too fussy. I just wanted to be done with it so I did what I knew.
I managed to get the July Gingerbread House ornament stitched. I just love the colors Cathy choses. Boy, that door and the bottom of the house look a little wonky. Trust me, it is the photographer who didn’t smooth the fabric and not the piece.
I haven’t started the August Gingerbread House but it is also in my suitcase. I been catching up on the weekly videos Cathy does. I am still enjoying the tips and tidbits she offers. She is such a giving designer and a great teacher.
I had thought I only needed a quick two to three hours to spruce all the flower beds but it turned into 4 or 5 days days of 3 or 4 hours each. Either I cannot judge how much there was to do, how much time I needed to do it or I move a whole lot slower than I used to. Let’s just it to say it is a little of all three. So a week worth of yard work cut into stitching time. I started early enough to work in the shade and I hydrated the entire time. Good thing I like a good sweat! Just one more bed to go but it is not happening today. One thing, all this rain we have been having has made pulling any weeds easy.
I did finish reading “Theo of Golden”. Not my usual reading type but definitely a good read. I listened to “Beautiful Day” by Elin Hildebrand this month. Her books are always a good summer read/listen. Playing now as my audio book selection is David Baldacci’s “Walk the Wire”. His books are always riveting and a change of pace from summers in Nantucket with Elin. Between yard work and being behind the wheel, I get a lot of audio book time.
As many projects I get done, there are that many more on the list. I always have a to do list. Mr. W says I ‘find jobs’ which means I ‘create’ them. I am just a project driven person I guess. I have to scratch my head and laugh to myself when people say “what do you do all day”? I don’t know but I can tell you it is always something. But it is all good. As always, thank you for stopping by and for your comments. I appreciate each and every one. For now, keep being grateful, keep being positive, keep being kind and keep on stitching.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.