April 10, 2011



I came home from work on Monday....after a quick debate with myself, , I decided to work in the yard.   This proved better to me than any other workout.   It is  truly nuturing to me to work in the yard.    It was beyond wonderful to get my hands back into the soil. 

 A quick 45 minutes later and garden bed No. 1 was neat and tidy.  


I continued around the yard thoroughly enjoying the warm weather.  After a long winter it was nice to be outside.     I picked up branches and twigs blown from nearby trees during recent wind storms and surveyed the yard for spring time garden projects.  For the most part, I am happy with my yard.

....but then I see the left side of the front year.......
This is where I want to dig up and recreate a flower bed to make it match the rest of the year.   I want to continue the lines across the front to a more visual pleasing.  Still the creative side at work, just in nature and not in stitches! 

 The first daffodils are coming up.  






Doesn't it just renew all hope when spring bursts forth with new life?   I love when the earth warms and the flowers return. It is life springing back after the cold and wind and snow. This little pansy managed to winter well.  He somehow managed to transplant himself to the wrong side of the sidewalk.

1 comment:

  1. Look at all that GREEN! I can't wait to see some of that here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.