April 27, 2015

Home From Retreat

Back from spring retreat in Ocean City, Maryland...........and as usual we had a fabulous time.   Fun, friends, good food, good laughs.....a couple or three bottles of wine, some mango margarita's, a little retail therapy.....ahhhhhh! I didn't even take my camera out the whole time between the crappy weather  and because we were just busy stitching and having fun.

I am not going to post photos of my purchases as they don't do justice to the patterns.  (and there is a little Apple Update frustration going on here) Thanks to the purchase of many a skein of WDW that put me over the top.....I now hold the title until our next trip as the Winner of the biggest economy booster of the trip.   Oh well, someone's got to hold the title.    We think we need to create a Biscournu to pass to from winner to winner each year.....let's put that on our to-do list of projects.  So here you go.....

  • Blackbird Designs - In Friendship's Way
  • SamSarah's - Fresh Melon
  • Hands On Design - Square-ology - Hands and Buttons which was in our welcome packet (Thank you Salty Yarns!)
  • Sullivan's Petites Scissors
  • Scarlett House - Polka Dots & Alphabets and the red dotted fabric
  • Hooked on Rugs - Water Melon Design - my first punch needle and I am anxious to start
  • Lizzie Kate's - Hip Hop and A Little Boo.  Both of which are complete kits
  • Two more Lizzie Kate's - Halloween Rules and Christmas Rules
  • Quite a handful of Week's Dye Works threads as lamented above
  • Miniature Wooden Tool Box for stitching and attaching from of the Lizzie Kate seasonal charts I bought
Hmmm, seems like I now have a better understanding of why it is my turn at  'winning'.


Of course I started something new......here's is my progress on Cornwall Cottage by Rosewood Manor.   (Photo finally added after fussing about with an OS updates.   Why to they change how you used to do things?)  Anyway, it is such a fabulously charted piece and the reason for my 27 skeins of Weeks Dye Works!!!   I've had this one in my stash for about a year and planned the start for this retreat.  I am happy with the progress......pretty close to completed the whole first page of 12 this weekend.   Now as for the other 11 pages.....hm hum, may be 11 or more months before I finish it.



 After five days of friends and stitching pleasure, I was brought back to reality with laundry and cleaning.   This is the first time I have ever ever ever gone away that I didn't clean the entire house first.   My excuse is that I worked until 8:30 on the last night before vacation.....how does that ever make sense that we have to work extra hours to get time off??


Amazingly while I was picking up sticks in the yard, swiffering and sweeeping the house and running washer, dryer and dishwasher all I could think of was sitting on my chair catching up on Grey's Anatomy, Outlander and Orphan Back and stitching....as if I haven't had my fill the last five days.  A few more stitches on my Cornwall Cottage and then I will resume my guild SAL to be on target when the next meeting rolls around.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time.
    Love your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time. It is always refreshing getting away and stitching with friends.... Beautiful colors on your newest WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fabulous weekend! Getting away and stitching/catching up with friends is the best! I really like your new retreat start and look forward to seeing more progress pictures down the road.

    Robin in Virginia

    PS I would love to know more about the miniature wooden tool box you mentioned in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cornwall sampler looks beautiful so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin: This is a beautiful piece, wow I hope to see the finished stitching.
    Your Retreat sounds like a wonderful time, I like the idea of a biscornu passed around year to year sounds fun.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a wonderful time at the retreat.

    Cornwall Cottage is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work you've started. Happy to hear you've got such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new stash list and congrats on your WINNER crown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great time. You are making lovely progress on your sampler.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.