September 3, 2018

End of Summer

Weather-wise it may not be the end of summer where you live and kind of may not where I live if you look at the heat and humidity coming our way.

For me, it has been a different summer.   I don't feel like I got to enjoy it.   A myriad of reasons not the least of which was the oppressive weather or the torrential rain.   But that is what I like about where I live.....when you have had it up to here with the weather, the season changes.  Looking forward to a nice cup of tea or glass of wine sitting on the deck in the coolness of fall.

I was treated to a second week-long visit with Sweet William.   We didn't do anything but play trains, go swimming, have family over and play in the sandbox, (pseudo sandbox) .....Dam-mom dumped two bags of play sand in the bag yard and he was thrilled.   He left and we raked it into the woods.  So not much stitching time but I wouldn't change little boy hugs and "play me dam-mom" time for needle and thread any day.

Will and pop-pop talking guy stuff
And to think, none of us are allowed on pop-pop's gator.....Will was even allowed to eat popsicles while "driving"
Of course, a trip to the custard stand and a big bowl of custard and Happy To's
The fall is now just around the corner.  My calendar is booked every weekend up until the middle of October!   Lots of fun things ahead.  I don't know if I feel like it but today I will take don't all the summer decor and summer flowers and summertime stitching and get out drag out the fall but I feel like I have no choice with the busy weekends coming up.   And I might just do only that, take down and drag out.   I will leave the packing away and the putting up to a couple of different evenings after work.

Now much stitching to share.  I finished the first and started the second of four little Halloween motifs.   They are so quick and easy that had it been wintertime I would have had all of them done.

I will be turning these into ornaments when I have all four finished....maybe not by this Halloween!

Not stitching but sewing just the same, I finished my Bionic Gear Bag from Craftsy.
 This will go to every sewing class/finishing class from now on.   It fact, it will just stay in my stitching bag.
 When it is unzipped, it forms a little tray in the front where you can corral pens, pencils, boo-boo sticks or even the matching Ort keeper I made....and it's a place to park some needles or clips on the side.

 Ever get to stitching night and forget your glasses or your scissors?   Not me anymore.   I will always have standbys ready for the times they are not in my project bag.  It will be like my toiletry bag for stitching......always packed and always filled with everything I need for a quick grab and go.  And so nice to have everything in one place.

Yes, ALL that came out of there.   I have but one disclaimer, although not difficult to make don't anyone get any ideas about adding one to their Christmas list from me.   A bit too much fussing and tugging and such to want to make another anytime soon.

A bunch of paperwork (estate work and paying bills) is looking at me from the other side of the table and I really NEED to tidy up some of my flower beds.   Between heat and rain the yard is so neglected!    Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching!

6 comments:

  1. That tool bag is fantastic--you did a great job despite all the fussing and tugging!!! I think someone had one of them at SY once and I ordered the pattern--will have to check and see if I'm dreaming...or not! Enjoy your upcoming weekends--I can't wait for the fall weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag turned out great. Wow, it holds a lot! Sweet Will is a cutie. Thanks for the chuckle about eating popsicles in the gator! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can Will just get any cuter?? Love the stitchy bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet William looks like he's having a grand time with you guys! Ahhhh....Summer! I'm done with the heat and humidity too...Saturday was nice, though....wasn't it? lol! Love that bionic bag! It sure does fit a lot of stuff! Well....off to work for only 4 days....and then hopefully we can enjoy a nice weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had a lot of humidity & torrential rains here also, seems it rains every night!
    Looks like the little guy had fun at Grandma & Grandpa's!!
    That stitching pouch is fantastic!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm thought I was on the list for a bag? You make some of the cutest things. Just love the Little Will. Growing up so fast and isn’t it amazing how rules change for the Grandkids? Diane in TN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.