April 14, 2020

What I Hate Most and Logic Out the Window

I hate spending time looking for things.   There is a place for everything and everything in its place.  Things are put, like things together, in a logically order and all is well in the world.    That said, I have spent the last week looking for my pre-stitch for PSS and the free pattern I stitched for PSS so I could send it off to Faye Riggsbee, The Carolina Stitcher, for her to create a project bag.    Dam....I remember seeing the pressed pieces sitting for weeks on the corner of the ironing board in my craft room.   When PSS was canceled for this year, I remember putting them in a place that made sense at the time.   A place that I remember saying in my head I can't go to Prim Stitchers without that so this is the perfect place to keep these three pieces safe until next April.    Even though that was just two weeks ago, I haven't been anywhere, I am at a loss.   ARGH!    So frustrating.  And you know I keep looking in the same place because it seems logically it would be there.  Well, when I least expect it, I guess they will turn up.

I do have a little bit of new stash to share.   I placed on order with Salty Yarns mostly for needed perle cotton for my grand daughter's christmas stocking but a couple of patterns managed to get included.   My semi annual retreat to Salty Yarns has been cancelled (fingers crossed on a reschedule) so I justified my purchases by telling myself I would have spent more had I been to Salty Yarns in person.
Before the wind and rain descended on us for a few days, I took my orchids outside to repot them.   Fingers crossed they survive.




I have barely any progress on Easter Parade......I am using floss and fabric from stash.   I am seeing such prettier versions being posted that I am not in love with my version anymore which translates having lost interest in the piece.    I'd better just remind myself that I am trying to reduce the UFO's in the basket, not add to them.   Time to buckle down and be done with it.















I am working last week's Blackwork SAL installment.     I did a kind of sizing up of how much banding this will take and it looks like I won't be able to get all the 52 weeks on the length of banding I am using.   I guess I will stitch until I run out of room.


For Ornaments ala Round, I can't believe the progress I have made.   The three of us are doing much better than one motif a week.    The girls are both ahead of me but that's AOK with me since I've been dividing my time between the yard and stitching and making masks for my neighbors.
 And yes, that is frogging you see.    Seems I extended that purple for 8 stitches instead of seven.   Could I have compensated.....probably.   I felt I would be happier to frog and get it right.

I am getting the flower beds done, ordered veggies plants for my vegetable garden and in good shape yard wise.   This leads me to my next dilemma.   I have been out of commission for the last three or four days with a bum shoulder.   Of course I used my medical degree to research on the internet.   Don't think it is a rotator cuff injury, I think it is bursitis from the repetitive motion.   Both suggest the same - rest the shoulder.  Between digging and moving top soil, pulling weeds, hand edging flower beds and the reach around of stitching on a 16-inch square set of q-snaps I was a hurting pup.  I couldn't get comfortable.   I couldn't even stitching for days.  I have taken more Advil in the last three days then I have taken in the last three years.   Advil and a bag of frozen cranberries have become my new best friends.  Since I found sleeping so elusive with this shoulder, I spent most of Easter napping and watching HGTV.  Nice diversion but I think I have turned the corner.  Pain is less than yesterday and hopefully tomorrow will be less than today.

And while unable to stitch, I did manage to get some computer work done, cards written and  worked on EGA membership renewals and just generally doing nothing but old movies.   I took a couple of laps around the yard and did take a drive around town on Sunday since the car had not been out of the driveway for a month.  Boy it looked like a ghost town.

Easter started with a 6:45 FaceTime of a happy little boy having his Easter Egg hunt in the back yard.   Don't you just love that excitement in how they unconditionally believe?  For dinner, I had bought a large ham in the beginning of March which I cut in half and froze half of it.   I mean with two people eating it we could have ham every which way but loose and still have some left.   The half that remained was perfect for Easter dinner, some Robin-made egg McMuffins for breakfast yesterday, hot ham and cheese sammies for lunch and may be some soup with what is left.

Hope all are well, staying safe.   Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching.

6 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at how much you're getting done on the ornaments in the round piece, Robin. It looks wonderful!!! Hope your shoulder continues to feel better; it sounds like you're doing all the right things. Stay well...fingers crossed for May 15-17!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bursitis sucks! There is no polite way to say it either.

    As for your pss stitched pieces...what do you always take with you to the retreat? A special bag, do you take certain tools, do you pack special items? Maybe they are stuck safely with those items. Good luck finding them!

    Take care and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your shoulder is better and continues to heal each day. Awesome progress on Ornaments ala Round! Sorry that you had to rip out some though! Your blackwork piece is looking good. Your PSS stuff will turn up. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perle colors are beautiful.
    Great progress on Ornaments ala Round.
    I'm glad your shoulder is on the mend, it
    takes so long for these things to heal, mostly because
    we are too impatient to rest.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent progress on Ornaments all around! It's such a pretty piece and looks like you should have it finished for this Christmas! A note on the Advil....I've read that ibuprofen makes coronavirus symptoms worse...hasn't been proven (I guess) but better safe than sorry? I've switched to Tylenol. Here's an article... https://www.goodrx.com/blog/are-advil-motrin-tylenol-bad-for-coronavirus-symptoms/
    Be safe and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you look in your suitcase? That’s where I would put it. Sorry you are have it shoulder problems. The older we get the more aches and
    Pains we develop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.