June 22, 2020

Beautiful Weather



We were so fortunate to have had a string of absolutely gorgeous days and these beautiful sunsets each night.   Days with no humidity that actually felt crisp at times when it got breezy if I were in the shade but I loved it.   Great sleeping weather but unfortunately not doing to much to warm up that pool water.  The humidity has started to roll back in this past weekend, the AC is back on and that may be the end to outside crafting all day long.  

Seems I've got my very own reflecting pond right out my door.

Do you know stitching all day can be exhausting?   Lol.    I had to make it a point to move about each hour and to incorporate the stationary bike a couple of times each day.   This sitting still and not doing yard work is for the birds!    I've got to move;  I've got to be outside when it is so nice or even when it is not so nice.   Between stitching and listening to books on tape and reading while pedaling the bike I have got a lot of reading done.   I may reach my 2020 Goodreads Challenge of 24 books by July 1st!

I just finished American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins, 5 stars;
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys,  5++++ stars; and
Then She was Gone by Lisa Jewell, 4.75 stars
Next up, is The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek

Things in NJ have started to open back up.   It is scary when we hear reports of increased covid cases in states that have already opened.   We will have to take our precautions, not take unnecessary risks and see what happens.  

Hair salons in NJ re-open today and I have an appointment on July 8th.   Good thing because I am about ready to take Mr. W's clippers, put the 1-inch guard, retract the blade and shave away!

Keeping my current ornament supplies at the ready.
I am another couple of ornaments closer to the finish line with Ornaments ala Round.   This is my go to piece with my morning coffee that I work on first thing - even before breakfast.  I would have liked to finish this by June 23rd but that is not going to happen.  Next self-imposed deadline is July 23rd.  (It's  numbers thing - I started on March 23rd).   I am working on No. 24 of 32 motifs.



My latest order with Salty Yarns included some new-to-me beading needles.   Why oh why did I never know about short beading needles?   And for a whopping $4 I should have brought two packs.
Thank you Pat L. for suggesting I use the shorter needles.   They are a dream compared to the bent filament type I was using.

My Thursday stitchers have started meeting again.  We are keeping our distance but it is good to see everyone again.   I put in some more work on both the Terri Bey Lotus Box and Ladies Stitching Journal.  Both are good take-a-long pieces for these get togethers.

I am on hold until the #5 perle cotton arrives - it is in the mail so this won't be sidelined too long.

Nearly finished the first page of the Ladies Garden Journal.  


I am heading west to see my grand babies this week!  Willy can't wait until his best friend (me) is back to see him.  With my son's essential workers job, they had been more concerned with what they may give me versus what I germs I may bring but with their OK, it is now a go!  Starting to pack the car today; hitting the road on Wednesday.























   


I haven't seen this little one since she was 10 days old.  She is 4 1/2 months now.  So  fortunate to FaceTime with them but it is not the same as snuggling those cubby little cheeks.  On the right, I think she is wearing more applesauce than she got inside.  She looks so much like my eldest daughter that we all find it hard to believe my daughter-in-law had anything to so with her creation except for the delivery part.  Of course there with be good times with Willy.  He wants to take his Damma fishing.  Oh boy!  When I get home, maybe there will be stories of the one that got away.

Thanks for stopping by and keep in stitching!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunsets you shared, Robin! It sounds like you are keeping busy despite being "sidelined". You have made good progress on your WIPs. I know you are looking forward to seeing the grandkids. Have a safe journey and fabulous adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous baby! I can see why you are anxious to visit. I find sitting all day all too easy. I finally hired someone to work on the landscaping--and he hacked back my clematis paniculata and left a small field of weeds in one area. To his credit, they do look like ground cover, and I do have some "weeds" in my garden. These were the biggest worries I had in outsourcing this job but I have so little energy for it when I have the time. Anyway, I don't feel as bad about it as I feared. :D

    Enjoy that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin: Beautiful photos of the sunset.
    What an adorable baby face, you are lucky to be going to see her.
    Beautiful progress on your stitching.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plant stand looks great!! So glad you took it. The baby is such a cutie. You will be kissing all those cheeks and sausage arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sunset pictures.
    Ornaments is looking great, so colorful.
    Yes, those short needles are great.
    The baby is too cute.
    Have fun with Willy!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those two pics of Raegan....Priceless.
    Great progress on ornaments.
    Hope the eye issue is getting better.
    Safe travels and enjoy the littles.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.